Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Light is Shining Bright!

It always seems that our summers are never the lazy days of many other families I know.  This summer has been no exception.  Hunter finished school toward the end of May and was only out for a week before he entered the day treatment program on June 1st.  I can't believe he has been in the program either as day treatment or inpatient for 23 days.  The time has flown by and I am amazed at how well he is doing.  We are hoping for another great day tomorrow (today was fantastic!) so he is able to graduate on Friday.  Funny thing is I wish he could stay as the things he is learning as well as the things I am learning are so important and I'm a little afraid to leave the safety of the program.

I believe that God is working in this program and that He has blessed the staff that work with these wonderful children with a very special gift.  Our children have been called bad, bullies, mean, manipulative, snotty, rude, inconsiderate, uncaring and brats.  They have been bullied, teased, picked on, laughed at, rejected and ignored.  They have been disciplined, suspended and expelled.  Schools don't understand them and don't know what to do with them.  

The staff at the program Hunter is in are caring, understanding and really see these children for who they really are, the special children that God created and gave these gifts and challenges.  They see their intelligence and laugh with the parents at their antics.  They see that the children are all so similar and yet so very different.  They talk to you with understanding and help you feel comfortable in what is a very uncomfortable place to be.

As busy as we have been in the last 23 days, our family is happy, we are having fun and being more productive.  I am not going to bed drained of every ounce of energy from dealing with the stress of two twice exceptional kids.  I am enjoying my days with them and am looking forward to the day we move to be with Daddy so we can all be together again.  But for now I am so thankful that God has opened up these opportunities and made our path clear even though it seems so wrong not having the whole family here.  The light is shining bright and I fully intend to keep it that way by looking to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who has given me the strength to get through these difficult weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment